Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 9: My favorite songs

"Seven years bad luck ain't that long, before I smash you, hear this song: Oh mirror, I'm sorry. You were wrong." -- Through the Looking Glass (1974)

We're almost through with the MTH buildup portion of this blog. Starting Friday, I'm hoping to get news from the Monmouth gigs. Then I'm shifting to a trip diary, detailing my visits to Ireland and England. And then it will be time for the Hammersmith shows.

So as I've already ranked the seven MTH studio albums, I thought I would list my 10 favorite MTH songs.

Of course that's as of this minute. By the time "Jupiter" starts playing next Thursday, I'll probably have a different list. But I'm trying to rate based on what each song has meant to me over the last four decades.

Here goes:


10. Jerkin Crocus (All the Young Dudes)

9. Thunderbuck Ram (Mad Shadows)

8. Roll Away the Stone (The Hoople)

7. All the Young Dudes (All the Young Dudes)

6. The Moon Upstairs (Brain Capers)

5. Honoloochie Boogie (Mott)

4. Marionette (The Hoople)

3. Sweet Angeline (Brain Capers)

2. Pearl N Roy (England) (The Hoople)

1. All the Way from Memphis (Mott)

No comments:

Post a Comment