Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 29: Seating arrangements

"I feel neglected, feel rejected, livin' in the wrong time." -- The Moon Upstairs (1971)

I found this video of MTH playing "The Moon Upstairs" in 1971 in Paris. A performance like this would blow the roof off at the Hammersmith.

The stage layout, with Buffin front and center, also struck me. I'd heard MTH did this in the early days. They sure weren't doing it in 1974, when I saw them. How strange it is on the video to see Mick and Pete moving behind Buffin at times. It's also odd to see IH and his keyboards on the left side after so many years recently seeing him on the right.

And how about that Maltese Cross?

It's making me think about whose side of the stage I'll be sitting on in October. I wish I'd found this seating chart before I went online at 3 a.m. those January mornings.

I guess I've got bad seats.

The first one I bought was Stalls D1 for Saturday. According to the chart, it's in the red zone, so there's something wrong with it. When it popped up I grabbed it, figuring fourth row couldn't be so bad. I should have tried a few times for a better spot, but I was panicky, thinking all the seats were being eaten up. Hey, that's how it is for Penguins games. Next I got G45 for Friday. It's in the red zone too.

I was luckier the next week for the Thursday show -- A7. Still, it's in the white zone. I don't have any green zone seats. But my Thursday purchase is a Golden Ticket, so I'm supposed to get some bonuses with it. I think they were saying a signed lithograph of the band and a T-shirt. I haven't seen this mentioned one time since the sale, but believe me -- I haven't forgotten.

I think I paid about 80 pounds for this -- $130 or so. Did you see what Kiss is getting for premium seats for their fall tour -- $998 apiece in Dallas! I'd like to meet the person who'd pay that.

I've got two aisles seats out of three. That's good. I think.

This page breaks it down really well:

It gives me an edge over everyone else from the U.S. I alone know where the men's room is.

No comments:

Post a Comment